Friday, May 2, 2008

Toddler Slang: Part 2

I knew this was going to happen. I keep remembering things Jonah says that I don't want to forget, so here's a mini version of an older post.

The Latest in Toddler Slang (continued):

"frig-ee-aye-tor" (as in the Terminator, Texan style)
Translation: refrigerator

"gotta get Daddy's last chance"
Translation: I don't want to ride in the grocery cart. I want to walk. I will stay with Daddy in the store and not run away, and I understand that I only have one chance to prove that I will stay with you or else I have to sit in the grocery cart. (Yes, it really means ALL that.)

3 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

OK, we're laughing out loud, long and hard right now. Very impressive toddler speak and cognitive skills, not to mention his skills in compressing language. That's my grandman!

RG Mama said...

Does he still say "eat hardy!"? I loved that one! Roo now says, "EAT! EAT!" Thanks Baby Signing Times.

Anonymous said...

he's an efficient one.