Baby Grace -
She probably weighs more than 5 lbs now and measures 17 inches in height. Lots of movement and she's still breech.
I picked up a children's book at Barnes & Noble this weekend called, "Hello, Baby!". The little boy in the book is just Jonah's age and has big blue eyes. Plus his mom looks a little like me, and the dad looks a little like Michael, AND there's a grandma in the book that could pass for either Meemaw OR Marmee. In the book, the little boy goes to the doctor with his mom and hears the baby's heartbeat. Jonah went with me today to the doctor and asked me three times on the way there, and five times in the waiting room, if it was time for the heartbeat. He could not WAIT. When it was finally time to hear the heartbeat, he sat in Michael's lap and watched with his mouth hanging open and his eyes big as saucers. Priceless.
One more thing I almost forgot...Jonah was singing the word "tuba" over and over to the tune of Twinkle Little Star on the way to the doctor. He stopped with no warning, and without missing a beat says, "Mama? Gracie's gonna break your tummy?". I guess he was suddenly wondering how she's going to get out of there.
Mama -
Still no swelling! I think Gracie shifted into a transverse position for a while last week, and I could have done without that. It made EVERYthing hurt. She's back to breech, and I can deal with that.
Blood Pressure: 112/72
Weight: holding steady since last doctor's appt.
Cravings: milk
Other baby news -
This is the outfit I'm planning to bring Gracie home from the hospital in. It's one of my favorite hand me downs from the Rowdy Girls. I love a baby girl with a ruffle bottom. It'll be around the 4th of July too, so the colors seem appropriate.
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



4 comments:
Oh Jonah! How you entertain me! Will your Zoo friend let him watch a mammal give birth so he can connect the dots? Got a rancher friend?
Loved those outfits on Em and Roo, but they didn't wear them long. Perhaps Gracie needs a little white bonnet smocked in blue?
Ohhhhhh! Melting here! What a fun surprise to see my tiny babies here. Can. Not. WAIT. to meet Gracie! I miss tiny babies. You are susa (super in Roo speak) mommy to find that book for Jonah. Ver' Ver' Smart.
Love the outfit! Precious about Jonah hearing the heartbeat!
Oh, how cute!!!
Sorry to invade your territory. I found the link on your mom's blog. Just wanted to spy for a minute.
I'm having a lot of problems with swelling (37 weeks) and some weird blood pressure moments. If I even look at a burger, I know I won't be able to see my ankles again for at least 24 hours. I'm sure you know all that you're supposed to do for swelling and how to avoid it, but drop me a line if you need any extra unsolicited advice on the matter. I've also borrowed a blood pressure cuff from my parents. I think they're pretty cheap at the drug store (like under $20) if you're worried about BP.
Post a Comment