Almost every morning, I make up our bed in the master bedroom and then move on to other parts of the house. I usually don't make it back to the bedroom again unless I need to change clothes, but when I do go back in the bedroom, I will most definitely find mysterious indentations on the bed. Where the sheet and quilt were smooth before, they are now wrinkled.It's like crop circles! Where do they come from?!?
I've ruled out Jonah. He would never voluntarily get back into bed after he wakes in the morning. And if he did, for some reason, play in my bed, he doesn't leave a perfect bowl impression. No, he leaves pillows on the floor, sheets ripped off the bed, and takes the quilt with him when he leaves.
Dixie (our jack russell) is too short to get on the bed. Besides that, if she DID make it up there, she wouldn't feel any shame in staying there. She's just a punk like that.
So, by process of elimination, I've decided it must be Lucy. Sweet, obedient, Lucy. Who is not allowed on the furniture or beds. EVER. I have never been able to catch her in the act. If I go back in our bedroom, she's always on her dog bed where she's supposed to be. I suspect she sneaks up on the bed, catches some zzz's until she hears me coming down the hall, and then quickly, quietly hops off the bed and onto her dog bed so I won't know. Maybe I'll set up a surveillance camera and find out what's really going on.
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



1 comments:
Mm-hmm. We have a sneaky border collie who did the same thing with our old couch. Caught her once in the middle of the night and that was the end of it. Ya gotta catch 'em in the act or it continues. Much like a toddler. I find I'm doing a lot of "dog" training these days.
Post a Comment