Monday, May 19, 2008

Week 32 - Baby Report

Baby Grace -

Jonah has discovered that Gracie can interact with him. A few days ago, I was laying on the couch and he was playing "Mama is a Hotwheels racetrack". I took one of his Hotwheels trucks and propped it on my belly. Gracie started moving and rolled the truck right off my belly. Jonah was definitely intrigued! He put the truck back on my belly and waited patiently for Gracie to move. Every time she would wiggle the truck, his little face would light up. He "played" with Gracie, and talked to her, for half an hour!

Mama -

Can you say, "hot flashes"? We hit 106 degrees yesterday, and it's supposed to get hotter than that today. Hello?! I'm hot already! I don't need triple digits to help me out! Besides that, Braxton Hicks contractions and lower-back pain are regular visitors, and I'm pretty sure I peed myself the other day when I sneezed. Woohoo!

Blood pressure: 110/76
Weight: holding steady
Cravings: chocolate milk (and a sudden aversion to grilled chicken)

Other baby news -

This is Michael's "Granny" (his paternal grandmother)...
Her given name is Florine, and she is why Gracie's full name will be Grace Florine. Michael and I agreed years ago that this would be the name of our first daughter. Granny went to be with the Lord in 2001, but I had a chance to get to know her. I'm so thankful for the Scrabble games, dinners, and visits I had with her while she was with us. I know Michael misses her terribly, and I hope to be able to communicate to Gracie what an amazing woman she is named after. One of the projects on my to-do list is a storybook of memories about Granny. I hope to read it to Gracie at night, or whenever, and pray that she will feel some kind of connection to Florine through the stories. If Gracie turns out even half as selfless, loyal, and loving as Granny was, we will be truly blessed.

2 comments:

RG Mama said...

What a lovely post! Be sure to add it to Gracie's scrapbook. Leave in the pee part, too. That keeps it real.

Mrs. Joyce said...

It is so precious that Gracie has a worthy name, as Jonah does also.

A good name is more desirable than riches; to be esteemed better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

Ecclesiates 7:1 A good name is better than fine perfume.