Baby Gracie -
I've noticed that she responds to the sound of a piano. I finished the West Valley Chorale concerts a couple of weeks ago and we performed the Beethoven, Choral Fantasy. At one venue, I was practically sitting on the piano bench with the soloist. When he played the opening chords of the Fantasy, Gracie went crazy! When the orchestra came in, she went still. At the piano cadenza later in the piece, she started dancing again.
In terms of numbers, she weighs around 3 pounds 12 ounces (or more!) and is nearly 16 inches long.
Mama-
I ventured to the lab yesterday to take a glucose tolerance test, which meant drinking a neon orange glucose concoction, sitting for an hour in the waiting room, then having my blood drawn. My family knows how much I dread blood work, since small rolling veins are genetic. However, this blood draw was the best I've had in ages! Relief! We'll get the test results at our doctor's appointment on Monday.
Blood Pressure: 118/70
Weight: -2 lbs since last week (that's not a bad thing!)
Craving: anything tart (lemonade, key lime pie, etc)
Nursery Progress-
Gracie's nursery is really coming together! She has a chest of drawers full of sleepers, onsies, socks, and cute little outfits (ALL courtesy of family and friends!). Her closet is quickly accumulating dresses with matching bloomers and cute little hats.
Of all the fun things in her room though, I'm most excited about these...-A precious smocked bonnet (with matching dress!), hand-made by my mom
-A box of adorable Trumpette Baby Ballerina socks from my sister, Christel
-A Janie & Jack bubble outfit with matching hat from my sweet friend, Kara
-AND, Gracie's Nannie blanket came in the mail on Monday. It smells like my Nannie's house and I LOVE IT!
I'm also in love with these bibs that Kara had her friend make and embroider. They are so cute!
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



2 comments:
The Nannie Blanket!!! It is GORGEOUS! Those bibs and the bubble suit are too stinkin' cute, too. Take a picture of all the outfits in the closet for me :)
I LOVE the smocked bonnet! So, so precious!
Post a Comment