Thursday, May 29, 2008

Masterpiece

Yesterday, I let Jonah color with some washable markers. This is a rare treat for him, because markers mean more mess for Mama to clean up. He was so excited to be able to use the markers, he created his first masterpiece...If you can't tell, He drew 2 long legs with feet at the bottom, a head at the top, and arms stretching out to the sides. Then he added a big golf bag (the red blob), and told me that this was Meemaw. I was so excited about this portrait because I've never coached him on how to draw a stick figure. All we've ever "practiced" drawing are letters, numbers, shapes, and smiley faces. He's a genius, no?

2 comments:

RG Mama said...

That is just about the best thing I've ever seen! He's a prodigy no doubt.

Mrs. Joyce said...

He's an artistic genius! The visual art gene is alive and well.