Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Week 31 - Baby Report

Baby Grace -
babygaga.com tells me I can expect my miracle-gro muffin to gain about a half a pound of weight per week from now until about two weeks before birth. They also estimate she already weighs about 4 lbs and is 17 inches. So, with 7 or 8 weeks to go, that would make her...about 8lbs at birth? We'll see.
I've been having some major paranoia about the gender. Our new OB, Dr. Zhang, did a quick ultrasound in the office yesterday after I worried out loud (bless her heart!). She pointed out all the girl parts, so I'm feeling much better! She also pointed out the strong heart beat, and I got a glimpse of how much Gracie has chubbed up.

Mama -
Dr. Zhang asked us to start coming in every two weeks, instead of once a month. Also, no gestational diabetes! Thank you, Lord. I've been sleeping better, except for the crazy dreams about having a boy instead of a girl. Still having backaches, but they're tolerable. I'm getting really good at kicking things around on the floor so that they're in one big pile. That way I only have to bend over ONCE to clean up the living room floor, instead of 20 times. Don't ask me why I can't just wait for Michael to get home and help. Clutter makes me crazy.

Blood Pressure: 110/74
Weight: +2 lbs since last appt
Cravings: alternating salty with sweet

In other baby news, look at the cute "umbilical chord" beanie hat Aunt Joy made for Gracie!

Jonah had one just like it when he was born...

3 comments:

RG Mama said...

Gracie's hat is SO cute!!! Auntie Joy is so cool. I'm inspired to post a pic of the girls' in their hats, now. And wait. Did you say 8lbs? Hello c-sect.

Mrs. Joyce said...

Joybear is one cool Aunt Joy; plays on the stairs, in the sand box, and knits cute cute hats. I wonder where she got that? Oh wait--could it be from her cool Mom and Dad, the Grandpa and Marmee? Yes! Yes! They are way cool too.

Be sure to pass that information on the Gracie--way cool Marmee and Grandpa. She will look totally fashionista in all her new clothes.

Jonah was so adorable in that hat. He looked like a chubby doll in a doll shop window. I can barely remember when he was that small. Sigh.

Tiffany said...

Yay for Aunt Joy! I sure miss that gal! I'm so glad that everything's going well with the baby and you're feeling good.