Sunday, May 31, 2009

Does this make my heiny look big?

We've been cloth-diapering for a whole week now! Woo hoo! The transition was not as scary as I imagined. I think I was most worried about the odor of dirty diapers waiting to be washed. But I swear, the cloth diapers are less stinky than disposable ones sitting in the diaper pail. I think it's because disposables still contain the "business" when you throw them out. With cloth, you flush the junk and then toss them in the pail. (TMI?)

So far, the pros of cloth diapering are definitely, 1) no more spending money on diapers, 2) no more running OUT of diapers, 3) our trash output has decreased dramatically, and 4) the diaper covers are just too darn cute.

The cons? Well, see for yourself...
Does that diaper make her heiny look big?

5 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Just think how small it will look when she potty trains. Presto shrinko.

TheHarriman Family said...

Good for you! I have always wanted to try, but have been too chicken! Where did you order your diapers from?

RG Mama said...

So cool! And soooo cute on her tushy!

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

Ranae - There's a place in Peoria that sells them! Arizona Diaper Co. Right off 59th Ave and Bell Rd!

Katie said...

We cloth diapered Liam. And Grace started out in some teeny tiny CDs. But for newborns it was more trouble that it was worth, I thought. But I've been thinking about going back. Cloth Diapers are just so much more cute!