I feel so incredibly blessed. It was such a sweet Mother's Day weekend.
The moments started as early as Thursday with this...

And, then we met Meemaw and Papaw for dinner that night, and my exhausted Jonah-Bear did his best to hold it together at the restaurant. The crawling under the booth and messing with the hair of people behind us was minimal. Thank you, J-Bear. He ate all his dinner. Thank you again. He mostly used his inside voice. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
On the drive home, Jonah was asleep in less than 2 minutes. So asleep, in fact, that he was completely crumpled and snoring in his booster seat. So asleep, I was able to carry him from the car to his bed and change him into pj's without waking him up. Oh, how I love him. Happy Mother's Day to me.

Friday was business as usual and then Saturday stole my heart...

If you didn't watch the video, Gracie decided to start walking on Saturday. She looks like a drunk Frankentsien and falls over frequently, but she's a-walkin'.
Jonah finished off the day with a bang when he came out of his room, 15 minutes after we put him to bed, like this.

That's the scotch tape I accidentally left in his room (after taping a well-loved book back together). Hope the laughing and picture-taking of this incident didn't re-enforce any bad habits!
p.s. Sunday was good too! Delicious breakfast (that I didn't prepare), long naps, and an afternoon of swimming. Plus many a "Happy Mother's Day" from my sweet family, and Skyping with the McGrandparents and Nannie. Wonderful, wonderful weekend.
Friday was business as usual and then Saturday stole my heart...

If you didn't watch the video, Gracie decided to start walking on Saturday. She looks like a drunk Frankentsien and falls over frequently, but she's a-walkin'.
Jonah finished off the day with a bang when he came out of his room, 15 minutes after we put him to bed, like this.

That's the scotch tape I accidentally left in his room (after taping a well-loved book back together). Hope the laughing and picture-taking of this incident didn't re-enforce any bad habits!
p.s. Sunday was good too! Delicious breakfast (that I didn't prepare), long naps, and an afternoon of swimming. Plus many a "Happy Mother's Day" from my sweet family, and Skyping with the McGrandparents and Nannie. Wonderful, wonderful weekend.



4 comments:
Excellent! Three cheers for a good Mommy and a good Mother's Day.
A belated Happy Mommy's Day to you!!
The picture of Michael and Gracie is beautiful!
Happy Belated Mother's Day! Sweet, sweet babies you've got! And I love the header picture!
Post a Comment