Friday, May 15, 2009

10 months old

Dear Gracie Girl,


You are getting close to your first birthday and we love you more every day. I watch your brother light up each time you come in the room. And Daddy wears his heart on his sleeve every time he holds you. I can see that they're madly, deeply, in love with you.
You delight me each and every day.
You're a smiley, curly-haired, STRONG, determined girl.

And you're fast! Since you took your solo-steps last weekend, you've been cruising around the furniture at lightening speeds. As soon as you let go to try and walk on your own, you face-plant into the carpet, then get up squealing and giggling to try again.

You're a stalker of table food. There is no eating a snack or plate of food without Gracie crawling all over it. You want what WE are eating. You don't need no stinkin' Cheerios.


You don't discriminate when you smile at people. Everyone is deserving. I love watching people at the grocery store light up when they see you peeking and smiling at them around my arm. It's precious to know you can change a stranger's mood from grumpy to giddy just by waving at them from the shopping cart.


We sing silly songs to you. All of us! Even Bubba. Custom lyrics just for you. Will you ever know that the words to Twinkle Theme are not "Gracie, Gracie, Grace Florine. She's the cutest thing I've ever seen"? I hear Jonah in the back seat of the car, singing his sweet songs to you. "Gracie's a cutie. She's my little baby. She's my little sister. Grace Florine!"

You love playing Peek-a-boo with your Nannie blanket. Sometimes I don't pay attention and then look over to find you holding the blanket up in front of your face. Who knows how long you've been holding that blanket up waiting for someone to say, "where's Gracie"?! You won't make a peep, though. You'll just sit there quietly behind the blanket, waiting. And your new favorite game is "I'm gonna git ya!". Oh the squeals! I can hear them now. You're so much fun!

I love you so much, Baby Girl. We all do!


Love,
Mama


2 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

I'm crazy about this little 10 month old, myself. And I love, love, love, that smile. The dress is almost as cute as the Girly Girl.

RG Mama said...

Adore the songs just for her! We love you, too, Gracie Girl!