On Monday, Jonah was moved up to the 4 year old class at his preschool. We've loved the teacher of the 3 year olds, Ms. Sue. She has a way with rowdy boys. And endless patience. We have prayed for her every night, and every M-W-F on the drive to school. She's been a big part of Jonah's life this year and is going to be missed!
Ms. Tiffany is the 4 year old's teacher and we're really excited about the next year with her. She was an aide to Ms. Sue, so she already knows Jonah and seems to love him. She's silly and fun and knows how to diffuse Jonah's intense reactions. Plus, she's very big on specific praise and positive reinforcement. Love that!
When I dropped him off in his new classroom, I was struck by how little he looked in the room full of 4-year-olds and just-turned-5-year-olds. It made me wonder if it was too soon for him to be moving up. I called Michael and worried out loud, then prayed all morning that he would be able to hang with the big kids.
When I picked him up at noon, he was so proud that he had used his best listening ears. And he ate taquitos for lunch. That's huge! I mean, he's basically been vegetarian for two years now. (Amazing what a little peer-pressure can do for a kid's appetite.) I think this is going to be a fantastic year!






2 comments:
He looks SO proud! We miss you guys. Has it been a whole year since I was last there... on his first day in the 3 yr old class?
I'm so proud of you, Jonah Bear! A taquito is a yummy lunch, and I know you have great listening ears, cause you repeat things well. Be sweet to Ms. Tiffany and to Mommy too.
Post a Comment