Saturday, April 5, 2008

100 days and counting

There are officially 100 days until Gracie's due date! She's big enough now that I can clearly feel what she's up to in there. I'm learning that she's very punctual. Almost every 3 hours she wakes up, stretches, rolls around, plays a bit, then goes back to sleep. I've felt her hiccuping a couple of times in the last month. It seems like Jonah was always punching me in the ribs or lungs before he was born. Gracie is hanging out around my bladder. It's been interesting.

I've been so grateful that I don't have to sit at a cubicle 9 to 5 during this pregnancy. So far, I've avoided the swollen ankles, and I think it may be due to this. I thank God all the time for where he's brought me.

Michael recorded this video on 7/22/05. Jonah was scheduled to arrive on Friday the 28th, but decided he wanted to bust out early. I went into labor on Tuesday and he was born early Wednesday morning. I think it was 109 degrees that day! Oh the puffiness.

3 comments:

RG Mama said...

Oh, sis, sadly, I had you BEAT in the puffy contest. Even my doctor referred to my feet as Fred Flintstone's. Ouch. You're such a cute preggo :) And I love M's prediction about Dixie and her new BFF. So! True!

P.S. my word verification is ytiny. Funny, no?

Mrs. Joyce said...

Ah, yes. That was a very exciting week. I'm so thankful that you aren't sitting behind a desk with puffy feet. I hate to tell you this, but the reason Jonah was in your ribs is that you still had muscles before he was born. Subsequent pregnancies are definitely felt near the nether regions--no muscles left to hold them up, I guess. Tell Gracie we love her and can't wait to see her and hold her and bless her.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Love the puffyness...definately a signature look for the 3rd trimester!