Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Midnight snack

The shenanigans continue!

We put Jonah to bed at 8:15 this evening. Michael and I cleaned up the living room, got ready for bed, then Michael watched the end of a TV program while I read a bit. Michael was already asleep when I heard a clatter coming from the front part of the house. I assumed Dixie (our Jack Russell terrier) was getting in the kitchen trash. As I walked down the hallway to check things out, I notice the kitchen light is on. Dixie's talented, but not quite THAT talented. Suddenly, the light in the middle bedroom (our nursery-in-progress) comes on and a toddler-sized shadow appears in the hallway. The clatter resumes. I peek my head in the nursery and see Jonah and Dixie, sitting in the floor, sharing a sleeve of saltine crackers, both looking at me, wide-eyed, and frozen in their tracks. They both know they are SO busted.

How appropriate is this shirt we just bought Jonah day before yesterday?!

3 comments:

RG Mama said...

I'm sure it was Dixie's idea.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Oh that is so funny! Crazy toddler shenanigans!

Mrs. Joyce said...

His Aunt C. did the same thing with her dog Solomon... only the dog looked guilty.