Monday, January 4, 2010

How to make your child CRAZY

These are things I will remember about Jonah at 4 1/2 years old...

Favorite toys:

  • Hotwheels (still!)
Favorite TV shows:
  • Phineus & Ferb
  • Peep
  • Sponge Bob (not Mama's favorite. At all.)
Favorite Songs:
  • anything he's made up himself
Favorite Books:
  • Good Boy, Fergus by David Shannon
  • Pigeon Books by Mo Willems (hilarious!)
Best Friends:
  • K.C. (the very same K.C. he loved to hate LAST year)
  • Lester and our pals from playgroup
Newest love/hate friend:
  • Christian (who apparently teaches Jonah all the bad words he knows)
Newest fascinations:
  • super heroes
  • break dancing (specifically spinning on his head)
  • new toys. Anything new, actually. We're really focusing on teaching him the difference between a "want" and a "need". It's a hard lesson!

Extra goodies...

The other night, after we had tucked him into bed, Jonah came out of his room asking for a "tennis shoe".
"Why do you need a tennis shoe?" I asked. "You're supposed to be sleeping."
"A tennisssss shoooooeeee, Mama! I needa blow my nose!"

To the cute teenage girl at Target: "I work out wif kettle bells. See?" Grunting and flexing (in the tuna fish aisle), "I'm four."

Jonah: Can I have some more Cheetos, please?
Me: Finish your apples first.
Jonah: But I 'jes LOOOOOOVE Cheetos!
Me: I know, Buddy, but Cheetos don't have anything in them that's good for you. Chicken nuggets have protein that makes your muscles strong, and apples have good vitamins to keep you from getting sick. Cheetos don't do anything.
Jonah: Yes dey dooooo! Dey make me CRAAAAZZY!

Jonah, at Lowe's, while handing a paint chip to the cashier: "Here. Here's my card."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so fun to read! I always enjoy your "what I'll remember" posts. :) Those stories are lol funny. Nice photos, especially the first one (pretty xmas tree bokeh!)

~K

Mrs. Joyce said...

I tell you he's going to be an evangelist. He has all the right words and moves. He's bold and fierce and has the hair.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE the pigeon books, too! Hope y'all had a great Christmas!

RG Mama said...

excellent recap! we cracked jokes all week at the McGrands about working out with kettle bells :)