Jonah is 100% potty trained! We've had MORE than a week of dry undies in the morning, so we're officially finished with night time pull-ups. Hooray!
He's also been learning so much at school! How to write all his letters and his name, memorizing scriptures, how to follow directions and focus, and he's singing a ton of fun new songs. Ms. Tiffany says she can't remember the last time he stood in time-out. Which is huge. Little Man was spending waaaaaay too much time in the Time Out Square at the beginning of the semester. He seems so grown up! Michael took him to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs and Jonah sat through the whole movie. (A first!) He focused on the story line, ate way too much popcorn, and loved it. I wish I could have seen it too. Mostly, because I have no idea what he's talking about when he giggles about the dancing headless chicken.
The not so great things we learn from school? The dreaded words, "hate", "stupid" and, "butt". I know it's inevitable that my kids will hear these words, and want to try them out, but we sure did TRY to keep them at bay for as long as we could. Now it's time for damage control.
Gracie has decided to start talking. My favorite thing she says is "puppy". Sounds like [bah PEE]. The second syllable is an octave higher than the first :) Also love it when she hollers, "yuck!" Usually when I'm changing her diaper.
And, just to clear up confusion, Gracie appears to be a monkey-child. As opposed to a human-child. We found her standing on top of the KITCHEN TABLE a couple of nights ago. If there's a foot hold to be found, she will climb.
Also, she gives kisses now! They are sweet, subtle, lean-ins. Led by the chin. Eyes closed, lips together. Never by request, which makes them even more precious. You know when she gives you a kiss, she really wants to. 
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



3 comments:
Oh please oh please let us be completely night trained by 4, too. And I'm pretty sure you got smacked with the 'have one just like you' blessing, too. Go Gracie!
O my, they are so grown up! And I would love to get a kissy and hear the stories about the movie too. He sat through the whole movie with us, btw.
Kudos to Jonah. I think he's a well balanced boy. I'm completely impatient to see you guys again. I just want to play cars with Jbear and hear his take on life.
Gracie's words are adorable. She got a big 'whoa' from me on the table climbing. She's a fast one. But what a charmer, I can't wait to see her in action!
btw, nice headers ;)
Post a Comment