Wednesday, October 14, 2009

15 months old

Dear Gracie,

These are the things I want to remember about you at 15 months...

Random Quirks:

  • You love to bring people things and have them say, "thank you". You will even steal things, specifically from Jonah, so that you can bring them back to him. And he better be grateful to have them back.

  • You stand in the kitchen and press buttons on the Fridge Farm over and over. The banjo music makes you do a hilarious little jig.
  • Nothing is more fun than playing "I'm gonna git you". The squeals and giggles are so fun!
Latest Developments:
  • You're working on the art of escapism, making a beeline for the dog door so you can get outside before I notice. Or the frantic shimmy out of your seat belt, then standing up in the shopping cart. You have this way of unhooking your legs and arms and then throwing your weight around so that it's almost impossible to hold onto you if you want to get down.
  • I can tell you have a new, intense interest in communicating. You point a lot, and jabber, and I love how you ask questions with your eyes, looking at me, eyebrows raised, waiting for an answer.
  • Your hair is getting longer, and the curls crazier. Every morning, we get dressed, then go to my bathroom where you sit on the counter, feet in the sink, and get your hair fixed. You cover your eyes while I spray water in your hair, and then you grin while I rub Curlkarma all over your head. We run a comb through and then fluff your curls. They dry beautifully, but only if we do that every morning. Without that routine, you look like a baby Cosmo Kramer.

Favorite Music:
  • Aunt Joy sent us a Milkshake CD for your birthday, and your favorite song is track 4, "Woo-Woo". It doesn't matter what kind of a fit you're throwing, that song will make everything better. You love it when we make up our own words to that tune.
  • Baby Signing Time is still the only thing you'll watch from beginning to end. I wonder how much longer you'll be captivated by it?

5 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Gracie, I love you. You're a treasure!

Ben, Jessica, Carter and Jacob said...

She's such a sweetie! And I must say...her hair is gorgeous!

Katie said...

She really does have the best hair!

You have an award waiting for you over on my site: http://fromthereeds.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

i'm so glad she likes the milkshake music!

i can't believe how much she looks like Jonah in the bathtub picture. they're both so adorable.

Unknown said...

What a great list! I need to do this for my kids...