Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trip Diary: Day Ten

Dear Jonah and Gracie,

Day 10 was the start of a marathon drive home. We took a little detour off the interstate and stretched our legs on main street in Fredricksburg.

Jonah, you were tired and had completely run out of manners. I guess window shopping is not something a 4 year old can wrap his head around. You did not understand why we didn't BUY you something from every shop we walked into. You threw some tantrums I will remember for a very long time. A teensy bit embarrassing for Daddy and me. But, you fell asleep as soon as we got in the car, so I know that literally being sick AND tired had a lot to do with it.

The drive home was spotted with thunderstorms. You were both mesmerized by the rain drops on the windshield.

I guess the Roadtrip Diet didn't agree with you, Gracie. We found ourselves cleaning out the carseat and changing your clothes on the side of the road MORE than once. Between Jonah's roadside pit stops, and cleaning up Gracie's blow outs, we may have tacked a couple extra hours onto our drive.

After a quick snooze in El Paso, we pulled into our blessed driveway sometime on Sunday afternoon. Jonah, while we were unpacking and laundering and dusting, you kept saying, "I LOOOOVE my house".

And then we slept. Happily ever after. IN OUR OWN BEDS.

THE END.

0 comments: