Monday, September 21, 2009

Big Brother

Last Thursday, I took Jonah and Gracie to the library with me so I could pick up some held items. Story time had just finished and there were lots of kids lingering. Jonah ran over to play with some boys his size. Gracie ran over to play with some...uh, boys Jonah's size.

The boys Gracie picked to play with were running in circles with shoe strings in each hand. Gracie thought it looked fun and tried to catch a shoe string. Shoe String Boy was furious. "Hey", he yelled, "that's MINE". Here's what happened next...

Jonah, (who had no idea Gracie was a mere 10 feet away) heard an upset, looked over out of curiosity, and saw his baby sister in the middle of the drama. He immediately DROPPED his Hotwheels, stormed over, stood between his sister and Shoe String Boy, put on his mean face, and hollered in the boy's face, "she's just curious!!!"

I've never been so proud. Ever.

So we went to Sonic and bought Bubba a blue coconut slush.

7 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Just curious, indeed! Way to defend, Jbear!

RG Mama said...

Oh My Goodness! First I smiled, then I laughed and now I'm all teary. I couldn't be more proud of him.

The Barner Bunch said...

Ha ha! What a GREAT big brother! I love him for that! Way to go!!!

Laura and Ken said...

I love it! What a great big brother, lucky Gracie!

Joe, Jill, Lester, & our twin girls said...

That's awesome!!! I can only hope Lester will do the same with his baby sisters when they get older! And I have a feeling he will!!!;)
Go Big Brothers!!!! Pst...that's why I loved having a big brother!hehe

Anonymous said...

I got all teary too. So cute. I am VERY proud of him. It takes a good mama and good brother, kudos.

Ed & Debra Lloyd said...

He should get a Route 44 slush for that .............you rock Jonah. By the way we call those coconut slushes.........blue juice.