Monday, July 20, 2009

Let's Talk

On the way to school the other day, I slapped a mosquito off my arm. When I looked up, Jonah was wide-eyed and curious. Later that day...

Jonah: Oooh! *slap* Oh! *slap, slap* Ouch! *more dramatic slapping*
Me: Buddy, what's wrong?
Jonah: Toquitos are bitin' me!

-----------

While driving to pick up Gracie's birthday cake...

Me: Jonah, let's use our soft voices. We don't want to teach Gracie to be loud, do we?
Jonah: I NOT LOUD!!!! I'm zuberant.

-----------

While watching Storm Chasers on Discovery channel...

Jonah: Mama what's a po-taymo?
Me: A tornado? It's what happens when hot air and cold air crash together and make strong storms. The hot air and cold air turn in circles and make the tornado. It's really fast wind spinning around.
Jonah: Why'sit suckin' phings up, that po-mado?
Me: The tornado? I don't think it's really sucking things up. The wind is just really strong, so the trees are getting pushed over and then thrown around.
Jonah: Tomato?
Me: Tornado
Jonah: Tormato
Me: Torn-ado
Jonah: yeah

-------------

After reading about Jesus in our Bible Storybook...

Jonah: Will Daddy have to go on a cross?
Me: No, Buddy. Daddy, and Mama, and Jonah...all of us, are saved from the cross because Jesus did it for us.
Jonah: An' Daddy wears dat cross to keep the power goin'
Me: Daddy wears that cross to remind him what Jesus did for us
Jonah: An' the cross keeps the power goin' so the TV can work

5 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Zuberant, tormato mind, that boy has!

RG Mama said...

He.Slays.Me. love it!

Joe, Jill, Lester, & our twin girls said...

LOL! I LOVE that he used zuberant! That is too funny! Lester likes to use crazy words like that too, I'll have to introduce him to that one!

kasogayle said...

I literally am laughing out loud...and that cross keeps the TV goin, right, Mom? How'd you answer that one, Becky? Just curious.

Laura said...

crackin' up!