Can it be? Jonah is FOUR years old?! I'm still in denial, despite the evidence...

Little man, you are one smart cookie. A little too smart for your own good. I cannot believe what a negotiator you've become, and often your reasoning is beyond dispute. You are going to be a force to reckon with when you grow up, but maybe let's dial it down a bit for pre-school. Kay? Ms. Tiffany had no idea she would be negotiating with you on how much wiggling is allowed in time-out.
I know turning four was a little scary. You thought you'd wake up on your birthday and be a foot taller. That your Nannie Blanket would poof into oblivion. That your precious stuffed puppy would be put away on the high, high shelf, and there would be no more stories before bed or Happy Meal toys ever again. But, now I'm watching you play with your new Thomas the Train friends, and you're having so much fun on your second day as a four year old. I'm sure the anxiety has passed and it's going to be an excellent year.
I think I'll let you get taller, grow out of playing with trains, get crushes on girls, and maybe even roll your eyes at me once in a while. But please. Please! Keep giving me zerberts on the cheek, and whispering secrets in my ear, and belly laughing when we tickle your ribs.
Love you buddy,
Mama



4 comments:
Loved being here to share it with our four year old!
I love, love, love Jonah's cake...so cute!
Happy birthday, Jonah! Glad to hear turning 4 wasn't as scary as you thought!
Big Happy Birthdays from TX! We love you, Jonah!
Happy birthday, Jonah!! I can't believe you're FOUR.
Post a Comment