Thursday, June 19, 2008

Week 36 - Baby Report

Baby Grace -

We just got back from having a 3rd trimester ultrasound, and they estimated her weight at 6 1/2 lbs. If the c-section goes as planned on July 10th, she should weigh around 8 lbs. I'm surprised she's that big!

She's also turned head down finally! Whoo hoo! The technician and doctor saw all good things. There was good blood flow through the umbilical chord and in the heart, we watched her lungs practice breathing, triple checked the gender (yes, it's definitely a girl), and got some great snapshots of her face...



Mama -

I'm officially sleep deprived, and I can't WAIT until I can sleep on my stomach again. It's so easy for me to fall asleep that way. I miss it! Right now, if I sleep on my left side, Gracie goes berserk. If I roll to my right side, I get really bad heart burn, and if I sleep on my back, I have trouble breathing. What are my options?!? No sleep.

Blood Pressure: 118/72
Weight: + 1 lb since last appt.
Cravings: milk

Other baby news -

We're almost finished with the nursery! I've painted an old side table antique white, the ceiling fan has been replaced, we hung a little shelf and some small canvas paintings on the wall, and I've washed all the baby clothes and bedding in dye/fragrance-free detergent. Not much left!

I came home from TX with some sweet baby gifts from family. I LOVE this dress my mom smocked. It is the teeny tiniest thing you've every seen. I can't wait to dress the baby in it!

3 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Hi Gracie! You must have lots of hair, and I can't wait to see if it's red or blonde, or dark like Aunt Kak's and CB's. If it's really long and pretty, you may not want to hide it under a bonnet, but one is never too young to protect one's delicate skin. It looks like you have your Daddy's mouth shape, but your Mommy's beauty. I wonder about your eyes and can't wait for them to look into mine. How I wish we could all see you the minute you are born! I bet you'll smell just like heaven, since you are freshly formed there. Let Mommy sleep on her left side, please, and thanks for doing the flip to be head down.
Love you mostest,
Marmee

RG Mama said...

Oh, Beak! She is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am just crazy to meet her.

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Beautiful face! And such a fitting dress!