A few years ago I read James Dobson's book, "Bringing Up Boys". He explains that during their 2nd year, boys will transfer their allegiance from their Moms to their Dads. It's a natural part of their development. This fascination with Daddy happened right on time with Jonah. He has been shadowing Michael for about a year now, and Daddy can do no wrong. Jonah wants to mow the lawn with Daddy, his first attempt at make-believe was to make "coffee" in his sippy cup (just like Daddy does every morning), he loves his floppy sun hat because it's just like Daddy's, and Daddy was the first person to hear "I love you too". Daddy is a rock star. In fact, today, when we pulled up in our driveway after a day packed with activities, I watched Michael lift Jonah from the carseat, Jonah wrapped his little arms around Michael's neck, patted his Daddy's shoulder and said, "Tanks, Super Daddy". And then Super-Hormonal-Mama nearly burst into tears (from the sweetness of it all).
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



2 comments:
Oh. I'm melting from the sweetness and cuteness.
My Daddy Dubbie is still Super Daddy.
Post a Comment