Yesterday my hormones had me in a tizzy. I was physically unable to leave the nursery. It was really weird. You would have thought the room became a magnetic field and my pockets were filled with really BIG paper clips. Something was telling me that the closet must be completely cleaned out (no easy task, since this became our "junkaroom"), the crib (purchased off Craigslist - score!) must be assembled complete with bedding, and the baby blankets all needed to be washed. That Nesting Bug bites HARD.
Jonah was a real trooper. I gave him an allen wrench and he busied himself with "assembling" the crib.
So, this is what I accomplished...
Here's the changing table we found on Craigslist too...
Now all we need to do is paint (pink, of course), get rid of the remaining office furniture (Craigslist, maybe?), set up the closet with some shelving and more racks to hang little dresses on, and presto! We have a nursery. If I wasn't bitten by the Nesting Bug this list would seem daunting, I'm sure, but it seems I have the super hero power of organization and interior design suddenly. What should my super hero name be? The Nursery Fairy? That just doesn't seem super enough. Suggestions, anyone?
One other question. Michael and I were debating leaving the wall behind the crib the old office color. It's a mossy-sage type green. The other walls would be a realllly pale pink. What do you guys think?
I like the way the white crib looks against the green wall. Nice and crisp. But with my new super hero strength, I could easily paint one more wall. I'd love to hear your suggestions!
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



5 comments:
Love Gracie and her room! Love the blog! Love the Jbear, you and Michael! I like the green wall with others pink--shows off the lovely furniture. How about a nice white trundle bed from your childhood for the room also?
I like the green with the crib! I'd leave it! And love, love, love the changing table...what a find!
Hmmm. Super Nanny? Oh wait, that one's taken...Increda-Preggo-Mommy?? Super hero names and decorating aren't my forte, unfortunately. I do think the green wall could stay with some pink wall decorations to tie it in with the room, though!
The nursery already looks great! I wish I were there to help!!
Welcome to the Blogworld and CONGRATS on the GIRL!!
Leave the green. It looks great. Ver' cute furniture for Miss Gracie. Welcome to the land of Pretty Pretty Princess Pink.
Post a Comment