Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BFF

When we moved into this little rent-house at the end of August, some neighbors across the alley ventured into their driveway to say hello. We visited enough to learn they have a 5 year old of their own. One going to Jonah's school. One who turned 5 in July also.

Their 5 year old is Donavan.

Since Jonah and Donovan shook hands at "Meet the Teacher" night, and learned they were in the same class, they have been inseparable.

Before we moved here, I prayed earnestly that God would prepare a friend for Jonah. One who could encourage Jonah to be his best. I knew there would be a hole left by the absence of our playgroup - Jonah's first good friends.

So, here's a friendship made in heaven ;)

4 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

The very best kind. The only kind I want for myself as well. Great pics!

Meemaw said...

I so admire your level of faith. Jonah is so blessed to have a praying Mom. Your comments on the pictures brought tear to my eyes, but made my heart joyful! We are also so blessed to have you as our daughter in-law.

Joe, Jill, Lester, & our twin girls said...

I agree, it brought tears to my eyes also! How perfect! That is soooo great!

Mandi Drum said...

That is awesome! I am so happy that Jonah has someone to bond with! We miss him, but are glad that he has new friends to explore the world with!!!