Jonah had an appointment to see the dentist today. He was VERY anxious all morning, asking me if we could just stay home and telling me that his teeth were already clean, and look! He flossed this morning so we didn't need to go to the dentist! I ended up packing his blanket and puppy in the diaper bag and letting him take his toy ambulance to ease some of the anxiety.
He seemed deep in thought on the drive there, but got out of the car willingly, walked into the office, and sat in the waiting room quietly. He was visibly nervous.
One of the ladies called us back and then the fun began. And I don't mean that sarcastically! We really had fun! They let him touch and try everything! The vacuum, the "water gun", the air blower (these are the technical names, of course.) They gave him rides in the chair and let him move the x-ray machine up and down with the arrow buttons. He was so proud!
(Those are puddles on the floor from the "water gun".)
They turned on Looney Toons and Ms. Nancy did a bit of negotiating to get Jonah to recline in the chair. After that, it was smooth sailing. He let her polish his teeth and giggled every time she sprayed water and suctioned. He even asked her to spray and suction a couple MORE times!
(Gracie chilled and ate cereal the whole time.) When they were done brushing, flossing, and painting flouride on his teeth, they let him play with the air blower some more, and even blew up a glove (and drew a face on it) for him to take home.
At the very end of the visit, they convinced him to let them "take a picture of his nose". He was seriously impressed that their camera could take pictures of his bones.
All clean! And very proud. Both of us.



4 comments:
Jbear, Marmee is really proud of you!! Keep going to see the dentist, flossing and brushing as often as I do and you won't regret it. Gracie, Marmee loves that you chilled while watching the show. You are awesome!
What I am finding amazing is that I'm thinking this was not a pedi dentist . . . and I think my sweet, old dentist may have just lost the future tiny patient as a result. Way to go Jonah!
I have ALWAYS wanted to play with the water and air thingies. So jealous. WTG Jonah!
That's awesome, YEAH for Jonah! I am DREADING taking Lester. Where did you take him??? We will definitely have to go there!
Post a Comment