Jonah is a habitual getter-out-of-bed at night. So we lock his bedroom door. When he learned to unlock it at age 2 1/2, we turned the lock around. When he learned to unlock the backside of the lock with his fingernails at age 3 1/2, we caught him in the backyard at 11:00 pm. Not. Good. That incident motivated me to get creative. I couldn't find duct tape, so I grabbed the nearest roll of Scotch tape and wrapped half the roll around the inside of his door knob and over the lock.
Last night, Jonah was saying his prayers and I heard this...
Dear God,
Thanks for my Lego cars, an' gettin' to ride in da golf cart with Papaw and Daddy. An' forgive Mama for tapin' da lock on my door. An' help me to get da tape undone.
Amen.
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



7 comments:
Ay yi yi!! You are in for a ride with this one, aren't you! Too cute!
He needs a twin. The RGs never try to leave because the party is INSIDE the room. Which is its own can of worms.
THAT is hilarious! What a crazy little man! Poor Becky!
Whoa. I wonder whose side God will take.
He is amazingly hilarious.
That is sooo funny! Love it!
Dear God is right.
I'm sure this is the first of many creative punishments you will have to use, haha. Luckily Mom & Dad had some good ideas for us. I love that tow-headed rascal.
Jonah should write country songs about his antics.
OH my gosh! TOO funny!
Post a Comment