Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The State of Her Hairs

Gracie's hair has become difficult. The longer it gets, the tighter it curls. The tighter it curls, the harder it is to comb out. The crown of her head, where those first baby curls appeared, has become a pain. Literally.

Every morning, I HAVE to comb her hair or it will be a matted rat's nets for the rest of the day. When she sees the comb, she runs away screeching.

Even though I grease her head with cream conditioner before I attempt to comb it. It still hurts.

So this was our solution.


This salon specializes in curly hair.


Claudia let me hold Gracie and gave her a sucker, then OILED Gracie's head. Not even joking. But it was perfect. The comb slid straight through all those curls I've been hacking at.

Gracie actually relaxed so much during the cut, I thought she might fall asleep. (Definitely the best cuddle I 've gotten out of her in a looooooong time.) And the results were a relief. We can let her hair grow-out now, with much less maintenance, and hopefully a lot less product.

3 comments:

Walking Angie said...

So glad it was a good experience. I know that salon has been a lifesaver for me too. I love her little certificate! She looks cute as usual....love that sweet smile.

Mrs. Joyce said...

Cute as a curly button!
Angie, do you get oiled and certified when you go there?

Walking Angie said...

No certificate for me :( They do use oil on my hair and it's great. I bought some the last time I got a haircut.