Friday, August 27, 2010

Little Man, Big week

Last Sunday evening, Michael leaned over and said to me, "tomorrow morning, we'll be walking our baby boy to kindergarten." Up until that point, I hadn't let it sink in. With moving to Texas, and unpacking boxes, and orchestra auditions coming up, there were plenty of other things to think about.

Now that a week has passed, it's a reality. Jonah is a kindergartner.

The night before school, I realized he was sleeping with his new lunchbox. In the morning when I woke him up, Little Puppy was asleep in the lunchbox, head on a tooth-fairy pillow, covered in a burp cloth.

This is the precious little boy we walked to school that day.

3 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Lump in my throat.
Love you, first born Grandson.

TheHarriman Family said...

He looks so handsome! Once they hit Kinder it's all over. It just goes too fast!!

J Pelham Family said...

So special. I miss you. Even though I never saw you, still you were so close, and now you seem so far away! I am so happy we have blogs so that we can keep in touch at least this way :(.