Sunday, August 8, 2010

Students

My violin students have become a big part of Gracie's and Jonah's lives. I don't have many pictures of my students, because I'm always busy teaching when they're here. Regardless, they have played with, and entertained my children since Jonah was 10 months old.

I started my student, Dakarai, when he was FOUR. He's nine now. Jonah used to call him "Kah-wee".

My students, Joey and Johnny, taught Jonah how to crawl through a tunnel. Gracie calls both of them "Bubba". They are honorary brothers, I guess.


Gracie runs off with Emma's shoes every single lesson. (They have the same taste in shoes.) Gracie was first inspired to fiddle around on her 1/32 size violin after watching Emma practice a Seitz concerto.

Nancy and Ellen are sisters, and a couple of my older students. They are always so calm with the kids and natural teachers. Somehow, I DO have pictures with them (and their mom, Sue), and I will cherish them!

We are going to miss these special people in Arizona!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all of these pictures. Very nice.

Mrs. Joyce said...

It takes a village....
McGirls were also influenced by the "village of students." Near and dear to the hearts.