Recent Quotes...
In regards to an ottoman that he stained, "ah, man! That was my favorite furni-chair!"
Answering Grandpa's question about the whereabouts of In-N-Out Burger,
"I don' know where da Internet Burgers is".
Recent Quirks...
"Ta-Da" - a word used in place of "whatever".
"Oh, Barnacles!" - the latest exclamation of frustration.
"Hot Lava" - used to describe anything that's shiny.
I'm starting to see more sensory quirks emerge (very common in our family). For example,
-he hates to kiss on the lips. You can kiss him all day long on the cheek or forehead or tummy, but he really gets the heebs about kissing on the lips.
-he needs multiple covers at night (a heavy sensation) before he can relax and fall asleep.
-a twisted seat-belt in the car will send him through the roof.
-yesterday was "Backwards Day" at school. We tried. For about 1 minute. The feeling of backwards shorts and shirt was just too much for the kid. He stood there in his backwards clothes, visibly TRYING to cope, then collapsed on the floor in tears.
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



5 comments:
very cute! this is why I love to blog and read blogs, so that we can remember and cherish these times of our kids being young and innocent. oh barnacles is an expression used in our house too! Someone must be watching spongebob! :)
Barnacles! to backwards clothing. That gives me the heebs. Blech!
"the heebs" - now that is a pure McGlaun term . . . makes me smile. As do these kids with their full strength personality power! Love it.
This blog just made me smile! I can see Jonah saying/doing each and every one of these things! I love how you capture the moment Becky!
Christel stole my comment. Barnacles!
Post a Comment