The countdown to your 2nd birthday has begun. On Monday, it will be 30 days away. Kind of unbelievable.
This year we began learning just who you are. You've got some serious sass, young lady. (Along with a shoe obsession.) You're passionate, charming, emotional, and super girly.
Several months ago, when I was washing your hair, I noticed we were out of baby shampoo. I used some regular shampoo, just trying not to get it in your eyes. I failed. It stung your eyes.
Like most toddlers, you love a good chase. I once heard someone say, "as soon as they start moving, they're trying to get away from you". Yeah. That's about right. Although, you will go anywhere with your brother.In fact, if I need you to hold someone's hand in a crowded place, you prefer that hand to be Jonah's. And he doesn't mind. He loves you, too.
"The only thing that separates us from the animals, is our ability to accessorize!"
- Clairee Belcher, Steel Magnolias
MANY times a day you changes shoes, clothes, hair accessories. Your favorite toy is a play purse loaded with plastic jewelry. You call hair-bows/clips, "pretties".
Recently, I finished changing your diaper, then left you running around in your skivvies. Just minutes later, you interrupted my kitchen-cleaning to take my hand and drag me back to your room.
You pointed at the shirt drawer and looked at me earnestly.
"Want to get dressed?", I asked.
"YES! Tank you, Mama!"
Then you practically rolled your eyes at me for taking so long to get you dressed.
I pulled out a brown and white zebra-striped tank top and pulled it over your head. You looked down at the shirt, both hands on your chest, and said, "cute", then ran off to play.
Cute, indeed! I cannot WAIT to see what this next year brings.
Love you so much, Baby Girl,
Mama




5 comments:
Love your Baby Girl, too. So much like her Momma.
It's just not even possible that she's almost 2 is it? This was lovely to read. I love that girl of yours!
I used to call the toys my great grandmother gave me "pretties!" I'd never heard that before! I love your stories about her - she sounds completely delightful!
I love this blog, fun to read, you do such a great job Becky!
Love this. You are such a fun and loving mother. Your kids are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment