Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Little Preview

I was going through the motions of our bedtime routine the other night, singing a couple of songs to Jonah before saying goodnight. I can't remember how we got around to it, but Jonah started singing, "Mary, Did You Know". When I got over my initial surprise that he knew the words to that song, I started singing along. I eventually realized we were probably rehearsing for his school's Christmas Program.

As we sang, "oh, Mary did you know", he began instructing me (in a perfect imitation of Ms. Tiffany), "this is the big part, Mama! Sing out! MOOOORE, Mama!". I couldn't stop laughing as he prompted me, hands raised high above his head, using what are probably the exact facial expressions Ms. Tiffany uses.

Later he promised me, "that song will make your parents cry".

3 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Making Marmee very proud. Crying just a little, too.

J Pelham Family said...

HAHAHA! That is so funny!

TheHarriman Family said...

Jonah cracks me up! Such a sweet story!