Everyone I spoke with this morning told me about horribly long lines at the polls. I didn't plan ahead and mail in my early voter registration, so today was my one and only chance. I loaded Jonah in the stroller and Gracie in the sling. The diaper bag was stocked with snacks, a portable DVD player, movies, and Hotwheels. I had no idea how long we would have to wait in line so I prepared for the worst.
On the way to the polling place, I tried to prep Jonah for a long wait, telling him he could chill in the stroller, play with his cars, watch movies, eat snacks, la la la.
As we walked up to the building, Jonah was "reading" all the signs, "V-O-T-E spells don't come in here, Mama" and "W-E-L-C-O-M-E says we don't need to vote, we can go home now". He was obviously not looking forward to being stuck in the stroller.
Happily, my last name starts with "W", and our line was super short!!! We were in and out before 10 minutes passed. Gracie smiled at everybody and Jonah ate an organic sucker while I voted. And we all got "I Voted Today" stickers.
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



1 comments:
Love those blue eyes!
Post a Comment