I was mourning the loss of toddler slang in our home after reading my sister's blog last week. Then, out of the blue, Jonah whipped up a big batch of toddler-speak and served it all weekend. If I don't blog about it now, I know I'll forget it all.
"Mama, your shirt is hatchin"
translation: Mama, the logo on your shirt has cracks in it
"OH! Daddy can't ask me!"
tanslation: Daddy didn't give the answer I wanted
Jonah knows two things for sure. 1) He is allowed to have one sippy cup of orange juice in the morning, and 2) if Dixie steals his Cliff bar, I will replace it. He was obviously trying to work the rules in his favor when he held his sippy cup out and told me that Dixie drank his juice.
Janice was playing with Jonah on the floor when he said, "Meemaw, you're my best friend.....No, wait....you're my best girl".
We took Jonah to the Fall Festival at church on Friday night (dressed as Woody) and he came home with quite a collection of suckers. He had three unwrapped on Saturday morning and was carrying them around like a little boquet singing, "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. Please don't take my suckers away."
And lastly, Michael and I were hugging in the kitchen this morning when Jonah came charging into the room hollering, "Hey! Whas goin' on in here?!"
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago



1 comments:
That's my boy! Grandpa was his best friend while he was here. He knows how to work every situation to his advantage for sure. The orange juice made me laugh out loud!
Post a Comment