Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Conversations with my kids

While Aunts Kathleen and Christel were visiting here last month, Kathleen made some playdough for Jonah. He sat with Kathleen at the kitchen table and cut out shapes with my cookie cutters while Christel and I listened from the living room. They were using my valentine cookie cutter when I overheard,
"Oh nooooo! Dixie breakin' my heart!"
(Dixie is our jack russell "terror")

I've had a running commentary from the back seat of my car for a couple of years now. I love hearing Jonah's description of the things he sees while we drive around Arizona. For example, there's a church being built near our house. It has a dome that has been under construction for a month now. Every time we drive past it, I hear about that "bird cage".

Jonah: "Mama, what is that?"
Me: "That is a humidifier."
Jonah: "A herrid flower?"
Me: "A humid-i-fier"
Jonah: "Mama, fire will burn you."


Yesterday, in the car, I heard Jonah hollering across the backseat, "Gracie! Stop stankin' me!" I figured out eventually that she was pooping and he was grossed out by the smell.



3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hilarious! What cute kiddos!

Mrs. Joyce said...

Oh Jbear, you crack me up! Gracie doesn't look too intimidated, though.

RG Mama said...

"Stop Stankin' Me" is about to become a catch phrase in my home!