Sunday, September 7, 2008

Big Boy & Little Girl

I can't believe how much Jonah has changed since he started preschool. He's such a little man. Here's what he's been up to lately...

  • It suddenly matters to him what shirt he's wearing, and he will change clothes at LEAST five times every day. He always asks, "you help me button me up?" and all shirts must be buttoned all the way to the top or major melt downs ensue. In addition to that, all shorts must match exactly. Red shorts with red shirts. Matchy-matchy! No more khaki shorts for this kid.
  • He started asking me how things work, when before he was content to describe things to me. I'm going to have to brush up on my tractor/truck studies.
  • He started singing on pitch! Suddenly the Twinkle Rap became the Twinkle theme. In fact, he's driving his four-wheeler around the kitchen right now singing "Jesus loves the little Daddies".
  • He gets embarrassed now. I noticed when Christel and Kak were visiting, and Jonah got in trouble while they were in the room. It broke my heart!
  • Here's the big one. Drum roll, please....he's potty trained. Poop and all. Thank you Jesus.
SUPER POOPER

Gracie's been smiling a lot lately, she's making more sounds, and has outgrown all her newborn clothes and diapers. She adores bath/shower time. I can see pure bliss on her face when she's in the water...


3 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

Yea Jonah! I'm so proud of you, Big Boy! No more diapers!!! Can't wait to see you and Gracie.

RG Mama said...

I was wondering about the shirts :) Noticed the buttoning in some other pics. Get him a pocket protector, too. Geek Chic. He can pose with Urkelina in a few weeks.

~Gretchen~ said...

Glad to see that your preschool got him singing ON pitch. Melody got a new Sunday School teacher a few years back with a voice like a dolphin sing-a-long and, overnight, sounded JUST like Miss Cyanna.

Good to see your kids' pics!