Mother's Day 2011 will be filed away in my mind as the first year Jonah really "got it".
Bless his heart, he WANTED desperately to make me happy for Mother's Day, and that just blessed my socks off.
He's still working on pronouncing a "th" sound, so Mother's Day sounds like Mudder's Day. (Adorable.)
At school on Friday, the kindergartners sang their mudders sweet songs, brought us tea, and presented gifts. Jonah was really distressed that his gift (a personally grown sprout and popsicle-stick flower) had not turned out the way he planned. I think in his head, it just wasn't worthy.
He overheard me talking with Daddy about wanting new bedding, so at Kohl's on Friday, he dragged a blue and brown striped comforter out and told me he wanted to get it for me for Mudder's Day. My heart melted a little.
As I was reading my book, killing time, my car door suddenly opened, and there was a sweet 5 year old with a bouquet of flowers bigger than him exclaiming, "Happy Mudder's Day!"
You could see by his enormous smile, he had found a worthy gift. One that his mudder would not just like, but LOVE.
*teary and sniffling*




5 comments:
I am now teary and sniffly. That boy... Oh, he is so so special. He's got your heart, B. Happy Mother's Day!!
Oh, that is so sweet! Love the last pic of you two!
That is so sweet!!!
Awesome five year old. I love him so much!
And I LOVE these photos, Michael!
Post a Comment