Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Goodness, Gracie

I forgot how fun having a two year old is.

Actually, I forgot how crazy having a two year old is. Last week, I found Gracie preparing to scale the fridge and get her Easter basket down.

Here she is on a typical Tuesday, talking to Daddy on the phone...in her dressiest frock. Again, the dress is typical. She's the Princess of Priss.

On the other hand, she can run full speed into her brother and bring him down in a perfect football tackle. Scraped knees and bruises are worth it.

Over the weekend, I witnessed a moment that summed her up perfectly...
She was prancing around her cousins' party in a precious pink ensemble, when she crossed paths with another little girl in a cute dress.
"I love your rainbow dress!", Gracie exclaimed.
"Thanks!" says the other girl, "I like your dress too".
"Ohhhh, thank you," Gracie says while lifting the corners of her skirt to fan it out.
Then without missing a beat she growls, "RAWWWWRRRRR!", and runs off.

3 comments:

Joe, Jill, Lester, & our twin girls said...

What a fun post! You must be in girly heaven with as much of a princess as she is!!!! So cute! Just between you and me....I don't think you will EVER see a post like that on the Animal Family blog! :)

Laura and Ken said...

Oh my gosh that sounds JUST like something Caroline would do! And the dresses are also mandatory in our house! Wish we were closer! Love your pics of her- adorable!!

Mrs. Joyce said...

That's my girl! Chip off the Momma block for sure. Love the photos.