A few days ago we were playing in the backyard when the kids and I noticed some tiny wrinkled, crusty, orange and black striped shells on our south facing fence. After further inspection, we noticed more on the mortar between the bricks on our house, and the concrete edges of the porch.
We kept asking ourselves, what ARE these? There must be 25-30 of them.
The next day, some of them were missing, some had changed color, and some new ones had appeared.
Later, we found no less than a dozen ladybugs in our grass!
I'm embarrassed to admit (because now I know better) that I thought the shells were dead ladybugs.
Well, you learn something new everyday! Thanks to the internet, we now know the life-cycle of a ladybug is taking place in our backyard.
Meet our ladybug larva and pupa!
eiffel tower decor
4 years ago






3 comments:
God's creatures know they can trust him. That's a gift.
This is so so cool. As a kid I would have been completely ecstatic to have this happen in my backyard. I remember the shoe box houses I'd make for the ladybugs very well.
Post a Comment