Thursday, January 6, 2011

Gabbin' with Gracie: Part 2

Gracie is talking a lot this week. Something happened in her sleep Sunday night that allowed her to wake up Monday forming perfectly understandable sentences. I've had a blast listening to what she has to say!

Gracie: *sneezes a huge booger out of her nose. Totally grossed-out, she wipes it on MY shirt as fast as possible*
Me: *remove the booger with a tissue and throw in the trash*
Gracie: *a few minutes later, searching my shirt*, "HEY! Where'd my boober go?!! You take-ah my boober?!"

Gracie: *petting Dixie while snuggling on the couch*, "Awwww, Dixie. You so pwehcious."

At the grocery store yesterday, Gracie was galluping up and down the aisle singing a made up tune. When I picked up a rotisserie chicken (which she loves) and placed it in the shopping cart, she suddenly started galluping in circles around the cart, and the words to her song changed to, "kichen pwease, kichen pwease".

We got a hand-me-down nightgown with a Disney Princess theme. I pulled it out last night for Gracie to wear. "OHHHH!", she gasps, "it's so beautful! My Cinabella dwess! You dance wif me, Mama?"

Anytime I'm on the phone, she asks to, "say hello, Daddy?" (Doesn't matter who's on the other end.)

Some of my other favorite pronunciations:
Rapunzel: my-punzel
Sleeping Beauty: Sleeping Cutie
Finger: singer (As in, "oh no! She hurt mah singer!)

Here's a cute little moment I captured on video. Gracie was "reading" the Usborne, Touchy Feely ABC Book (a favorite)...

1 comments:

Joe, Jill, Lester, & our twin girls said...

Ohhhhh, I just love this post! And the video is precious. I was going to do another toddler slang blog next week about my girls because they have just blossomed into these babbling little babies/toddlers over the last month! This makes me remember how much I have to look forward to with them. Right now they are one word at a time and it is sooooo fun getting them to talk and attempt the words, and Lester LOVES it too! This REALLY makes me miss you guys! Wish we could see her as she is growing and changing and it would be so fun to see her with the girls! Love to you all!