Saturday, April 17, 2010

"My-Lin"


Gracie is obsessed with the violin as of Wednesday, April 14th. My student Emma was working on some difficult string-crossings at her lessons that day, and Gracie became mesmerized by the bow movement. She suddenly remembered we have a little violin in the house, asked for it ("my-lin?"), then started mimicking Emma as best she could.

She won't let me help her with ANYthing yet, but her enthusiasm is catching. My students eat it up. And Papaw couldn't stop smiling when Gracie gave him an impromptu lesson at his last visit. She tucked the violin under his chin, gave him the bow, and then danced while he played...

5 comments:

TheHarriman Family said...

OH,my goodness-----ADORABLE! Looks like you have your little twinkler :-)

motherglover said...

So very precious, Becky!!! I love the sparkle in her eyes.

Alisa Palmer said...

that is absolutely precious!

Mrs. Joyce said...

Sure reminds me of a little Beckiboo long ago. I hope you have as much fun teaching her as I had with you! (Where is her fish for her pinky?)

RG Mama said...

good grief.. the cuteness!!! she is the bees knees.