Friday, March 19, 2010

Shoeaholic in the Making

Gracie loves to play dress-up in other people's shoes. It started with my flip flops, then progressed to Daddy's tennis shoes. A few weeks ago, she ran off with one of my student's shoes during their lesson.

I was dressing for a gig last weekend, and had to comb the backyard to find my missing sequined pointy-toe mule.

Usually, Gracie gets frustrated that she can't keep big-people's shoes ON. Last week, however, she discovered my peep-toe pumps.

Her tiny toes wedge perfectly into the tips of these 2.5" heels, and she balances beautifully in them.

The result? Gracie is obsessed with high-heels.

She looooooves them.

In fact, this morning, when I dropped Jonah off at preschool, Gracie told Miss Jana (the receptionist) that she loved Jana's shoes.

I'm not joking.

Gracie actually pointed at Miss Jana's strappy metallic sandals and said, "lud er shooz" (love your shoes).

4 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

This is hilarious! Save your gig money. I have visions of her shopping with Michael when she's 14 and looking at spiky heels and him just shaking his head and shelling out the money.

RG Mama said...

This is one of my most fav Cheese My Head posts evah! Gracie Girl, I love you.

Walking Angie said...

Yes, fun shoe shopping in the future!

Joe, Jill, Lester, & our twin girls said...

She is such a girly girl!!! hehe, giggle giggle
My girls may have to take pointers from her since they won't get many from me!;)