Saturday, March 7, 2009

Guardian Angel

Jonah has ventured into the world of things that go bump in the night. I don't really think he's scared of the dark. He just has a flare for the dramatic and it's oh so fun to hide under his blankets and reenact episodes of Caillou.

The other night, he was going through the list of things that are scary, and I finally said, "Jonah, if something's scary, and Mama isn't there, just ask your angels to help you. What are your angels' names?" Jonah looked up and appeared to be lost in a memory. A few moments later he said, "Mama, my angel is Toby."

I sometimes wonder if babies see angels, and I think Jonah may actually have a memory of an angel named Toby. It's good to know who's watching after my J-Bear!

1 comments:

Mrs. Joyce said...

I believe Toby will show up often and Jonah will remember. Especially if he is encouraged to talk about it.