Saturday, October 11, 2008

Day 1: Disneyland, here we come!

We stayed in an adjoining suite with Bob and Janice (Meemaw and Papaw). Jonah popped into their room whenever he felt like it.

The first night we were there (before we ever stepped foot in the parks), Jonah fell off the bed into one of the nightstands. He gashed his bottom lip and was bleeding everywhere. We saw the whole trip flash before our eyes and expected a trip to the emergency room instead. Once the cut was cleaned and bandaged, it didn't look quite so bad. This is the morning of day 1 (the fat lip didn't even phase him!)...

Finally to the park! There's a lot to take in...

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was Jonah's first Disneyland ride. I wasn't sure if he was going to be overwhelmed and scared, or love it.

He loved it!
the teacups were a hit too...

and, believe it or not, he totally loved the Matterhorn Bobsleds! I didn't get to ride it with him, so I waited at the exit, biting my nails. I was expecting him to come off with a tear-streaked face, but he was all smiles!

We wrapped up Fantasy Land and headed to Toontown for lunch...


the roller coaster in Toontown was NOT a smashing success. Jonah spent the entire ride with his face buried in Michael's shirt...

But, he never cried! He just kept saying, "no more roller coasters".

We rode a few more calm rides then killed time before the parade...



Jonah spent the parade on Daddy's and Papaw's shoulders. Bob's hair looked hilarious after the parade. Nice and fluffy...

1 comments:

Flawed And Disorderly said...

WOW! You guys are so incredibly brave!!!!! I don't even want to travel across town!

I keep meaning to tell you my mom clipped the pics for me of Gracie and your fam when they were in the newspaper, and they were all so great! Gracie is beautiful, and who made that darling dress??? I bet I can guess! :D