Monday, July 7, 2008

Just Kidding

Today we had one big. FAT. false alarm. I woke up around 11:00pm last night with contractions. They were painful enough that I couldn't go back to sleep. I ended up on the couch watching TV, and dealing with the contractions, until about 4:30 am when Michael woke up and realized I wasn't in bed. He came to check on me and when I mentioned the contractions HE couldn't go back to sleep either.

Long story short, the contractions continued to get closer together and peaked around 3 minutes apart. They weren't strong enough that I needed to breathe through them, but I called the OB triage anyway, and they asked me to pack my bags and come to the hospital since I'm a risk for uterine rupture if I go into active labor. On the 40 minute drive there, the contractions eased up, and by the time they started monitoring me at the hospital, they were only 5 to 6 minutes apart and barely noticeable. Grrr! The hospital was so crowded in labor and delivery that they decided to send us back home. Now that I've had something to eat and drink and taken a short nap, the contractions are completely gone. Frustrating!

I keep telling myself, "there's only one week left. There's only one week left. There's only one week left. There's only one week left...."

3 comments:

RG Mama said...

OH! I am so disappointed for you!!! One week. One week. One week.

Mrs. Joyce said...

You will Not be permanently pregnant. This Is a condition with a happy ending. You Are having a beautiful, healthy baby who is listening to the Holy Spirit say "Now, Gracie. It's time to enter the stage and take a bow." He makes all things beautiful in His time.
Amen.

Flawed And Disorderly said...

ACK! That's what I came over to see about...if you've had that baby yet! I agree with A. Rhody. You will NOT be permanently pregnant. I wish someone would have told me that. It seems like it might have been helpful. Of course...I'm not pregnant now and am much less likely to slap people giving me stupid advice. Not that A. Rhody gave you stupid advice. It was beautiful. I'll stop talking now.